bb15 ist ein artist run offspace in Linz, der dahinterstehende Verein ist Teil des KUPF-Netzwerks. Auch heuer schreibt bb15 wieder eine 2-wöchige residency für KünstlerInnen an der Schnittstelle von Klang, Musik und Forschung aus.
The call is open to artists who work at the interface between sound, music and auditory research / practice. We are looking for exhibition concepts that explore the specific artistic possibilities and potentials of sound in the context of contemporary fine art. Two selected artists will have the opportunity to realize their exhibition concepts during a two-week artist-in-residence stay. This call includes no media restrictions – installation-based, sculptural, multimedia or performative works are all welcome. The use of sound is not mendatory.
The specific interests of bb15 include: sonification, voice, spatial perception, noise, drone, soundscapes, HiFi / LoFi, field recordings.
Closing date for applications
Mai 10th, 2016
- PDF with exhibition concept (pictures and text max. two pages A4)
- PDF with documentation of artistic work + CV (max. 5mb)
- Preferred date of residency
- Contact details
- All external links have to be included in the PDF
Applications should be sent exclusivly via email to: email@example.com
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Possible periods: September-December 2016, or January – June 2017
- There is a € 1000 -. all-in budget per residency.
- This budget includes all costs such as travel, equipment, catering and artist fees. Artists will be provided with free accommodation and workplace at the premises of bb15.
- The residency entails the realization of a solo exhibition at bb15.
- bb15 will provide technical and curatorial support plus advertising and announcement for the exhibition.
bb15 is an alternative, non-commercial location for the arts, which encourages experimental approaches. With roughly 100m2 in the city centre of Linz, bb15 provides a regular program of exhibitions, performances, workshops, discussions and concerts. Alongside the main program of events, stand-alone solo and group exhibitions are also hosted. In addition the space is regularly used in-house as studio and place of production. International co-operations with similar institutions as well as an annual artist in residence- program concludes the repertoire.
Download Open Call as PDF