Job ID: ACDH122ADM220
The Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (ACDH-CH), a research department of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research facility, is seeking a
TRAINING OFFICER (F*M)
(part- or full-time, 20 to 40 hours per week)
You will join an internationally networked team, pursuing research on the border between ICT and humanities studies. In this position you will be responsible for collecting and co-creating training resources in the recently started project DiTAH (Digitale Transformation der österreichischen Geisteswissenschaften).
- Manage and contribute to the development and delivery of training resources on a range of topics in collaboration with experts from the institute’s and project’s team
- Create and manage editorial and publication workflows to ensure the efficient creation and long-term availability of the training resources
- Provide editorial support for content, communicate with contributors and reviewers, and proofread content
- Map and actively develop shared activities in the training and education field in coordination with project partners, as well as other relevant institutions or related partner initiatives, especially the European research infrastructures CLARIN and DARIAH
- Assist the planning and delivery of training events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German needed
- Experience in delivering training and/or education programmes, preferably in the digital humanities
- A proven capacity and confidence to create a robust outreach plan for the training events and resources
- Know-how in target-oriented content creation
- Experience with technical platforms used to deliver training and education, in particular as Open Educational Resources, including knowledge about their strengths and weaknesses
- Familiarity with digital research methods
- Experience of planning and carrying out events as well as excellent organizational skills
- Know-how in graphic design
The following skills are seen as additional assets:
- Experience with content management systems (Drupal, TYPO3), video production and DTP software (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop)
- Know-how with version control (Git)
- Interest in humanities studies as well as experience with particular humanities disciplines
- An advanced degree in a humanities discipline
We offer for this position, full-time based, an annual gross salary of € 40.897,92 according to the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Science (OeAW). The employment will start in December 2020 at the earliest and run initially for 12 months.
Please send your application (including CV, statement of motivation and references of previous projects) via email to email@example.com (mentioning Job ID: ACDH122ADM220) no later than November 15, 2020.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.