TBA21 is growing and expanding internationally. We are currently looking for a qualified Registrar to join our Collection Department based in Vienna. We are looking for someone with several years of relevant professional experience as a registrar in the field of contemporary art.
We expect high communication skills, flexibility, accuracy, and commitment as well as a high degree of personal responsibility and independence. English is the working and communication language of TBA21 – we therefore expect a negotiable command of written and spoken English. Further foreign language skills, especially Spanish, are an advantage. The position also involves travel, and a willingness to do so is therefore essential.
The registrar is caring for the collection of contemporary artworks. Responsible for implementing procedures and policies to maintain high standards of collection care from conservation to display. This includes the following fields: Loans and international collaborations including all accompanying executive tasks (exhibition management); collection maintenance including conservation and insurance; storage management including transports and logistics; collection archive and documentation including CMS (Collection Management Database), website, as well as artwork related documentation and research.
Loans and international collaboration
● Condition checks and reports as well as necessary maintenance/conservational measures prior to release and upon return.
● Coordination of packing, transport, logistics, insurance.
● Coordination of supervision by artist studio / courier / ..conservator etc.
● Monitoring and guidance of correct installation and crediting (including production of installation manuals)
● Requisition of installation views and publications
● Updating / archiving of newly gained information about the artwork on Gdrive and NetX
Storage management and transport logistics
● Storage and location management (Tracking of every artwork whereabouts)
● Monitoring of customs status and change
● Arranging of correct packing / climate / handling / storage
● Assigning transports
● Annual collection insurance reports
● Damage claims
● Insurance cover for collection, loans and transports
● Condition checks and reports prior and after every movement
● Regular maintenance and conservational measures | follow up with conservators and artists / artist studios / technicians, etc.
● Research on new methods and strategies of conservation
Collection Management System
● Research and updating all entries in the foundation’s custom-made CMS
● Update and monitor each record in terms of key words, tags, values, etc
● Enter new commissions and acquisitions into CMS
● University degree
● 2 years working experience in an artist studio, gallery, private collection or museum for contemporary art
● English as working language; Spanish
● Project management / Conservation / Art Handling, DAM Systems, Websites / Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite)
● Join our dynamic foundation and motivated team in an international art environment.
● A one-year contract with the perspective of professional development
● You are a crucial member of a dynamic and motivated team, that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done, always striving to achieve the best results,
● Opportunity to grow and develop your skills within the growth of our organization.
Please send your English application with your salary expectation and possible starting date to email@example.com (Human Resources Manager) latest till 25/10/2021.Just applications which were sent directly and within the timeframe will be taken into consideration. Please include in your application a motivation letter and some project/activity you started, executed, and successfully finished or implemented.