Eurozine is a network of Europe’s leading cultural journals, facilitating the exchange of texts, ideas and knowledge between 78 publications from 31 countries. In its online magazine eurozine.com, Eurozine publishes original texts and translations from the partner journals and other sources to reach an international readership.
Eurozine is seeking a Project Manager for its office in Vienna who will, in close collaboration with the team, manage the project “Eurozine – Network of European cultural journals” which is funded by the “European Networks” strand of Creative Europe (2017–2021), including reporting, controlling and evaluation. Additionally, the Network Projects Manager will implement some of the project’s activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Project management for a major EU project, including reporting, controlling and evaluation.
• Set up and and implement projects aimed at facilitating cooperation and exchange between cultural journals and other media in Europe, such as: webinars, the translation funding programme, monitoring of fundraising opportunities.
• Communicate with stakeholders throughout the network of partner journals and Eurozine’s cooperation partners
• Contribute to the event management for the annual European Meeting of Cultural Journals
• Develop the network’s community of practice, face to face and online
• Grant acquisition, including EU and other international and Austrian public and private sponsors
• Carry out other related tasks as the need arises
• work experience in project management, preferably EU and/or international projects
• Excellent English language skills both spoken and written, other European languages an asset
• proven interest in European culture
• knowledge and understanding of online collaboration, communication and training tools & technology are an asset
• team-working and networking abilities as well as presentation skills
• impeccable communication and intercultural skills
• creative problem-solving, organisational and planning skills
• proven experience and/or degree in project management, marketing, social sciences, event management or a related field
• experience in working with WordPress, OS X, online learning technologies, online conference systems, MS Office as well as other software desirable
• availability to travel throughout Europe for meetings, conferences, and projects
• Preferred starting date: January 2018
The position is fixed-term (until May 2021, to be extended if the EU grant is renewed), at 40h/week with a gross salary of 2,500 EUR per month (35,000 EUR p.a.).
Join a motivated and skilled team in an internationally renowned, not-for-profit organisation.
Eurozine offers an intellectually stimulating, international working environment with opportunities to travel. The employment includes full social security coverage according to Austrian regulations.
Please send your CV and covering letter, including information about your earliest starting date, to Filip Zielinski, Managing Director, per email only (email@example.com). Please include “Project Manager Job Application” in the subject line.
Application deadline: 15 December 2017
For any questions, please contact Filip Zielinski, Managing director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Eurozine – Gesellschaft zur Vernetzung von Kulturmedien mbH
telephone +43 1-334 29 80
fax +43 1-334 29 80 20