Eurozine is a network of Europe’s leading cultural journals, facilitating the exchange of texts, ideas and knowledge between 90 publications from 35 countries. In its online journal (eurozine.com), Eurozine publishes original texts, plus translations, from the partner journals as well as original texts to an international readership.
Eurozine is seeking a copy editor (20 h/week) for its office in Vienna.
· copy editing and proofreading English language texts and translations to be published online in Eurozine (eurozine.com)
· content management of the website and newsletters
· communicate with authors and journals
· write teasers and social media posts in close cooperation with peers from the publishing team
· briefing and coordinating with the visual editor
· participating in editorial planning and the execution of projects
· maintaining the Eurozine archive and curating content from it
· actively take part in team meetings, Editorial Board meetings and the annual European Meeting of Cultural Journals
· administrative tasks related to contracting of translators, contributing editors and authors
· contributing to the monitoring of publishing
· native English language proficiency
· university degree or equivalent
· relevant editing experience in publishing
· working knowledge of CMSs and the basics of social media platforms
· cooperative skills with experience of working in a team
· outstanding time-management skills and ability to multi-task, track and monitor your work
· excellent communicating skills
· attention to detail
You might also have:
· proficiency of additional European languages is welcome
· familiarity with WordPress, HTML and photo editing software, are advantages
Why join us
If you want to participate in the making of intellectual debates, join an ambitious and cordial team in an internationally renowned not-for-profit organisation. Eurozine offers an intellectually stimulating, international working environment with opportunities to travel. The employment includes full social security coverage in line with Austrian regulations and 25 vacation days per year. The gross annual salary for this part-time position (20 h/week) is 16.800 EUR.
Please send your application including a CV, covering letter and information on your earliest availability to Mr Filip Zielinski, Managing Director, per email only (firstname.lastname@example.org). Work samples are most welcome. Please include „Editor Job Application 2020” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until 15 February 2020.