OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR AND SHIPPING COORDINATOR
We are looking for a team member based at Sotheby´s Vienna to provide integrated expertise and exceptional service for both clients and members of staff for all shipping/logistics-related activities from and to the Vienna. The responsibilities of the new team member include the timely and cost-effective delivery of property in compliance with all associated laws and regulations as well as managing Office related matters in order to ensure the smooth running of business.
As a global organization, Sotheby´s operates in an environment without boundaries, creating a dynamic atmosphere of energy and excitement. With Sotheby’s commitment to diversity, our colleagues have unparalleled expertise and passion, spanning over 70 specialties.
While we have a venerable history, today we are a dynamic, 21st century organization committed to innovation. Sotheby’s has long recognised that great works of art, as well as the collectors interested in consigning and acquiring them, inhabit the global sphere. We were the first international auction house to expand from London to New York in 1955, and the first to conduct sales in Hong Kong, Paris and Doha. Today we maintain 90 locations in 40 countries and conduct approximately 250 auctions each year. In addition to our auction business, we also have a growing division dedicated to gallery sales in New York, Hong Kong and London, as well as retail wine and jewellery departments
– Organization of all shipments to and from the Vienna Office
– obtain quotes from shipping partners and other related service providers
– monitor the progress of shipments of property to ensure that the relevant parties are all kept informed accordingly
– responsible for all export license applications
– inventory management
– Office administration
– front desk management
– responsible for maintenance of office equipment, service contracts, and office material
– coding petty cash
– organization of internships
– managing of data bases
– Marketing assistant
– knowledge of logistics, including current national and international transportation methods and regulatory compliance
– attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
– Strong organisational skills to set priorities, multitask and ability to remain calm in pressure situations
– Excellent communication and client service skills;
– Fluency in written/spoken German and English
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, Outlook.
– general interest in fine art and luxury goods
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Sotheby´s Kunstauktionen GesmbH