MANAGING DIRECTOR – TRANS EUROPE HALLES
Trans Europe Halles is looking for an experienced leader to join our growing network. The Managing Director will lead on strategic development, financial, operational and
HR management and organisational change, taking responsibility for the team in the delivery of TEH’s strategic objectives. They will also create and maintain the best
possible conditions for TEH to thrive as a network and community.
The Managing Director will have demonstrable leadership and management experience, preferably in the arts or nonprofit sectors, ideally at an international level.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the arts and international cooperation and committed to supporting our members and other independent actors
running vibrant and impactful arts spaces across Europe.
Strategic planning and development
– To lead on the development and delivery of TEH’s vision, strategy and objectives together with the team and Executive Committee.
– To be responsible for fundraising and partnership development, in accordance with agreed strategic objectives.
– To oversee TEH’s international meetings and conferences as well as ensuring that the strategic communication, projects and membership involvement are developed and delivered as planned.
– To inspire both their team and TEH’s members to get behind the network’s growth and the necessary changes to achieve this growth.
– To involve and motivate the team at all stages of these processes.
– To adapt to the changing world around TEH, steering the organisation through the unexpected and leading through the unforeseen. Human Resources
– To lead and motivate the team, including developing the organisation’s staff capacity so that it meets its purpose, and to support and facilitate an agile, open and creative working environment.
– To develop and maintain a strong yet agile organisational structure, with clear roles and responsibilities for each member of the team.
– To oversee and organise recruitment with the support of the Executive Committee, and the involvement of the team. Advocacy and representation
– To advocate for the interests of TEH and its members at all political levels, especially at the EU level.
– To be main spokespersons of TEH and promote the network and its members externally, in person at meetings and conferences, on committees of partner organisations and in communications and publications.
– To ensure that all aspects of operations, staff and organisation function efficiently and cost-effectively and in accordance with the law.
– To be responsible for the financial management of the network and its projects and to provide the Executive Committee with periodic and timely financial information necessary for strategic decisions.
– To report to and advise the Executive Committee, including ensuring the timely and accurate distribution of all relevant documents, and notifying the Committee on risks to the organisation.
– To ensure that all of the organisation’s administrative, IT systems and infrastructure are fit for purpose and maximise the impact of the organisation.
– To create, develop and update all company policies.
– Experience of leading the strategic planning and development of a comparable organisation.
– A track record of leading teams to deliver objectives through various projects and on tightly managed budgets.
– Experience of HR and people management.
– Knowledge and experience of both public and private fundraising.
– A proven track record in talent development and enabling staff to fulfil their potential, developing the learning of themselves and others
– Understanding and experience of the arts and/or nonprofit sectors, especially member driven organisations.
– Knowledge of European cultural policies and related policies and experience of managing EU projects.
– Financial literacy, business acumen and significant experience in managing budgets.
– Experience in, and understanding of financial reporting, both for EU and other donors’ projects.
– Good knowledge of strategic communication and marketing.
– Knowledge of labour law principles and readiness to learn about Sweden’s specific labour laws.
– Desirable: Experience of experimenting with and/or implementing new financial models in organisations that historically relied on public funding.
– Desirable: Knowledge of Sweden’s cultural policies, funding bodies and labour laws.
Skills and abilities
– Understanding of the demands and challenges faced during organisational change.
– Strong project management skills, and experience of successfully running multiple projects simultaneously, delivering to time, scope and budget.
– A confident and highly organised leader with a demonstrable ability to delegate.
– A commitment to championing diversity, with a shown ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
– Effective networker with strong social and influencing skills, able to deal with a range of stakeholders along with the confidence to represent TEH at a high level.
– Fluent in English both verbally and in writing, Swedish is an additional asset.
– Excellent public speaker and presenter.
Employer: Trans Europe Halles
Contract: Permanent. Full-time.
Location: Lund, Sweden
Salary range: 40.000 SEK per month
Employment starts: July 2021, negotiable
Deadline for applications: 10 April 2021
Submit your application to email@example.com with the subject line: Managing Director.
Please include a CV and a cover letter explaining why you wish to apply for this position, describing how your experience relates to the position, and explaining and giving examples as to how you meet the required skills and abilities.
MANAGING DIRECTOR – TRANS EUROPE HALLES