sabbatical replacement until October 31st 2020
start date asap, ideally March 1st 2020, subject to negotiation
part-time, 20 hours/week
VC Artevents GmbH, the operating company of international art fair viennacontemporary, is looking for an Exhibitor Relations Assistant. The candidate is passionate about contemporary art, has an understanding of how the art world operates, demonstrates a track record in sales and/or has contemporary art gallery/art fair management experience. Our clients are Austrian and international galleries, as well as art institutions. Our focus lies on Central and Eastern European contemporary art.
– Together with the international and dynamic team of viennacontemporary you contribute to the success of the fair and provide our clients with unique artistic experiences and business opportunities.
Attract new and support existing clients by providing them with the best customer experience and high-quality service.
– Focus on clients from the CEE region.
– sales (including calls, follow ups, research for potential clients)
– travel to international art fairs and other events (this occasionally involves weekends)
– customer relations and communication (email campaigning, maintaining a close relationship with customers, attending events such as art openings, etc.)
– coordinate and execute event logistics (such as admission committee meetings during the year and various events during the fair)
– assist with various funding applications and accounting
– assist with setting up various informational and promotional documents, both digital and print
– assist with project planning and reporting
– art market job experience and/or education
– sales experience
– attention to detail and organizational skills
– ability to work simultaneously on multiple deadline-driven projects
– active and outgoing personality, being an effective communicator
– team player with flexible approach to tasks
– passionate about contemporary art and culture
– Language skills: fluent in written and spoken German, English, ideally skills in one Eastern European language
viennacontemporary is one of the top international contemporary art fairs and attracts more than 29.000 visitors each year. The fair is a place of art collecting and exchange. Each year more than 5.000 VIP Guests visit to discover the fairs exhibitors. More than 100 galleries from about 25 countries exhibit their artists at Marx Halle Vienna.
The 6th edition of viennacontemporary, Austria’s largest international art fair, will take place from 24—27 September 2020. During these four days more than 500 artists will be presented and about 150 side events including expert talks, guided tours, curated exhibitors, and evening events will complete the fair’s diverse offering.
Please send your CV and a short motivation statement including your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 5th 2020