The Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (ACDH-CH), a research department of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research institution, is seeking a
COMMUNICATION AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (F*M)
(part-time / 8-10h per week)
Our team is part of an international network and we cooperate with various global partners. You will support the Central Office in public relations and administration.
- Assist the Central Office in daily administrative tasks (i.e. enter and/or check data in administration lists, forms etc. and help with the organisation of outreach events)
- Contribute to the communication activities of the ACDH-CH (i.e. curate the website, develop social media content, assist in public relations)
- Interest in science communication and administration, especially in the field of (digital) humanities
- Good communication skills (written and spoken German and English)
- Organized and detail-oriented, as well as an open personality with a hands-on mentality
- Interest in digital methods and tools in the humanities (digital humanities)
- First professional experience in office management and/or public relations
- Knowledge of web content management systems and social media
- A good eye for corporate design and basic knowledge of graphic design programs
- Enrolled at a university with focus on communication, marketing or business administration and/or humanities studies with an interest in the mentioned fields
- An international, diverse team in the centre of Vienna
- A strong focus on innovation and new technologies in a multidisciplinary field
- Flexible student- and family-friendly working hours
- First work experience, where you can bring in own ideas and initiatives
- An environment to grow your interests and develop your skills
- Open communication culture / open-door policy
The initial monthly gross salary is € 520,12 (for 10h employment) in accordance with the collective agreement for employees of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. Based on your experience and academic degree a higher salary is negotiable.
The employment will start at the earliest in June 2021 and run for 12 months.
Interested? Take the opportunity and send us your application in German or English today (including CV, statement of motivation and references of previous projects) via email to Mag. Britta Breuers, MA firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning Job ID: ACDH041ADM221) no later than May 12, 2021.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The OeAW lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.